Re: How to define a constant in mathematica like Pi

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63979] Re: How to define a constant in mathematica like Pi
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:43:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

N[\[DoubleStruckC], prec_:16] := N[300000, prec]
$Assumptions = {\[DoubleStruckC] > 0};

and

Integrate[Exp[-\[DoubleStruckC]*x^2],
{x, -Infinity, Infinity}]

does what you want.

Regards

  Jens

"José Carlos Santos" <jcsantos at fc.up.pt> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:dr7vuo$pdp$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi all,
|
| I'm posting a question asked by someone who is
currently unable to post
| here. Here's the problem:
|
|    I would like to define a constant in
mathematica for example c=1.2345
|    in such a way that it behaves exactly like Pi
or E. That is when I
|    type c then I get the output c and not
1.2345.

|    If I do integration[Exp[-c*x^2],{x,-oo,oo}]
then I should get