Substitution inside an SQLExecute statement

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64062] Substitution inside an SQLExecute statement
  • From: "Patricia-and-Charles Jones" <brio11 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:10:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I use Mathematica to connect to a database an expression such as
SQLExecute[conn,"UPDATE MathTest SET sireId = 5 WHERE nameId =6"] works
correctly. However, I would like to be able to replace the 5 and 6 with
variables computed
exterior to  the SQLExecute statement but evaluated within the SQLExecute
statement. The " "
quotes present a stumbling block as they prevent evaluation of exterior
vaiables, I think.