Re: Limit of an expression?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67649] Re: Limit of an expression?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:38:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/2/06 at 6:27 AM, akoz at mimuw.edu.pl (Andrzej Kozlowski) wrote:

>On 30 Jun 2006, at 17:15, David W.Cantrell wrote:

>>>Infinity, Assumptions -> {Ã?Å? > 0 && #1[s, 1 + Ã?»/Ã?Å?]}] & ) /@
>>>{Greater, Equal, Less}

>>>{-(Ã?Å?/(Ã?» - s*Ã?Å? + Ã?Å?)), 0, Infinity}

>>Much of the above is illegible to me, but I'm guessing that the
>>middle case is equivalent to

>Actually, the above should be perfectly legible to you and anyone
>using a reasonably modern e-mail program.  All you have to do is to
>make sure that the message is displayed with Unicode (UTF-8)
>encoding. Your e-mail program should normally be able to choose the
>right encoding automatically but if it does not do so you should be
>able to change it manually.

Unfortunately, it isn't quite as simple as your comments above imply. The problem is there is no single setting of an email client that can be guaranteed to display messages on this properly as UTF-8 isn't the only encoding a poster might use. So, while I do have a client that will display UTF-8 properly, I find I have to try several different encodings at times until I find the one that seems to correctly display. The information needed for my client to automatically select the proper display appears to either not have been available in the first place or gets stripped as a result of the moderator's actions.

Hence as the moderator said