NDSolve Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67939] NDSolve Problems
  • From: "wandering.the.cosmos at gmail.com" <wandering.the.cosmos at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:51:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm solving a bunch of coupled ODEs with NDSolve and it keeps getting
stuck. I noticed that the solutions are highly oscillatory, which makes
me suspect there's numerical instability. Do I have a "stiff" system?
How do I tell, and if so what can I do? Is there any way I could
supress these rapid oscillations "by hand"?

My equations are too complicated to write here, but if anyone could
point me to some good references on solving coupled ODEs with
Mathematica with lots of troubleshooting tips, I'd very much appreciate
it.

Thanks!