Re: writing ASCII-files in UNIX-format from Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68018] Re: writing ASCII-files in UNIX-format from Windows
  • From: "James Gilmore" <james.gilmore at yale.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:04:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I had the exact same problem. I was creating input files in Mathematica
and then using them with a C program in cygwin on my windows machine.
In the end I gave up and used fromdos.exe, which is designed for such a
task: http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/

I just added a line to the shell script that would execute fromdos.exe
on the input file before the C program read the input. I too would love
to hear of a Mathematica solution!

Cheers
James Gilmore