Is there a good way to output parts of a Java object in Mathematica but STILL RETAIN THE OTHER INFO IN THE JAVA OBJECT?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68277] Is there a good way to output parts of a Java object in Mathematica but STILL RETAIN THE OTHER INFO IN THE JAVA OBJECT?
  • From: karenechu at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 03:45:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, everyone,

thank you for some of your super help from before, I came across
another problem:

How do I (or can I )  return a java object back to Mathematica, have
Mathematica print the Output line the essential information of that
object, but still have that output retain the other info of that java
object?

Eg:  if I return a Java Object which is a  linear combination of binary
trees to mathematica, it would be good if it can show up as a linear
combination of the sequence of the tips of the trees with a chosen head
of say [LieTreeVector], but still have this "object" in Mathematica
retain the other important information (say the tree structure itself)
stored in the Java Object?

I would greatly appreciate your help, thanks tonnes in advance!

kay