Re: Is there a good way to output parts of a Java object in Mathematica but STILL RETAIN THE OTHER INFO IN THE JAVA OBJECT?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68291] Re: Is there a good way to output parts of a Java object in Mathematica but STILL RETAIN THE OTHER INFO IN THE JAVA OBJECT?
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:06:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

> thank you for some of your super help from before, I came across
> another problem:
>
> How do I (or can I )  return a java object back to Mathematica, have
> Mathematica print the Output line the essential information of that
> object, but still have that output retain the other info of that java
> object?

sounds like you want to define a special Format for your Java-Object. Look
into the Documentation for Format. I'm quite sure that with Format you
should be able to achieve what you want', also honestly I might not be
aware of all the details you need to handle for formatting JavaObjects. If
you check whether Format sounds like what you want and have more detailed
questions about it, I'm sure you will get useful help from the group.

hth,

albert