Re: Mathematica Font problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66848] Re: Mathematica Font problems
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:55:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the answer is that you can install the fonts
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/
or from Wolfram on any computer.

And a publisher the publishes scientific texts
will use TeX and *not* Word and the glyph for
$\to$
depend on the document fonts but it will an arrow.

Regards
 Jens

"Skillman Hunter" <ski at acrobytes.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:e5js73$e3d$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| On page ten of the Mathematica v5.2 Tutorial the
last equation is:
| 1 + x^2 + x^4 + x^5 /. x -> 3
| But in the actual Tutorial notebook, the -> is a
single character that is
| typed in by ESC->ESC and the font is shown to be
Courier New.

| When I copy the equation and paste it into MS
Word, the font changes the
| right arrow to Mathematica1Mono so  remains a
single character, because the
| standard Windows true type Courier New has no
right arrow.
| Mathematica installs "Mathematica1Mono" font
along with others. Apparently
| Mathematica also has a special version of
Courier New which does have a
| right arrow.
|
| Have other Mathematica users found problems when
trying to produce reports
| that equations copied from Mathematica have the
fonts changed? If a copy of
| the Word document is forwarded to a colliege or
a publisher, doesn't that
| cause problems, especially if the publisher
wants to use their own brand of
| fonts?
|
| I know there are ten options for the Copy As
command and "Text (add
| whitespace)" seems to be the option that
eliminates the Mathematica1Mono and
| converts the right arrow to two characters, ->.
Is that the answer for