RE: How can I use multiple filename ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67036] RE: [mg66982] How can I use multiple filename ?
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 05:10:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi bar, > When I try : > For[i=1,i<10, > name="a"<>ToString[i]; > i>>name; > i++]; > it doesn'w work Why the code above dosen't work, I don't know, since For[i = 1, i ? 10, name = "a" <> ToString[i]; Export[name, i, "LIST"]; i++]; works just fine. However, the code (Export["a" <> ToString[#], #, "LIST"] ) & /@ Range[1, 9] Is a lot clearer. You might try replacing the shorthand symbols with their longhand equivalents (>> -> Export and <> -> StringJoin) and see how that affects your other question. Regards, Dave.