Re: How can I use multiple filename ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67039] Re: How can I use multiple filename ?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 05:10:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
It looks like the short form of: Put[expression,name], namely expression
 >> name does work differently from the long form.
Whereas in Put[expression,name], first the variable name is replaced by
its value and afterwards Put is called with this value, in the short
form name is not replaced by its value, but name is taken as a literal
file name.
If this is a bug or a feature is up to Wolfram to answer. For me it
looks reather like a bug, because it am not able to see a benefit in
this behaviour.
Daniel