Re: Hiding Kernel into taskbar

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg67137] Re: Hiding Kernel into taskbar
  • From: "sashap" <pavlyk at>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 04:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Go to menu Kernel :> "Kernel Configuration Options..."

Select "Local", or whatever else kernel you do not want showing up,
and click Edit. Select radio button "Advanced options", and in the
arguments to MLOpen add -noicon. It should look like this:

-LinkMode Launch -LinkName "MathKernel -mathlink -noicon"

You will see no icon for the kernel anymore.

Oleksandr Pavlyk
Wolfram Research Inc.