Simple question from a biologist

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67139] Simple question from a biologist
  • From: tnad <terry_najdi at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 04:53:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm a bit new to this so please bear with me. I solved this eqation:

Sol = Solve[{{{-x, 0, z}, {x, -y, 0}, {0, y, -z}}.{A, B, C} == 0, A + B + C == 1}, {A, B, C}]

and got the ouputs of A, B and C interms of x,y, and z each.

Now I want to express a term called "rate" where rate = Ax = By = Cz in terms of x, y and Z only.

So I tried to do this:
Solve[rate == Ax , rate] /. Sol

but I cannot get the rate in terms of x,y and z.
Is there a better way to do this? Also if someone knows of a better tuttorial (better than the built-in tuttorial) for mathematica, please let me know.