Re: Llearning Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67184] Re: Llearning Mathematica
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:19:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Seo Ho Youn wrote:
> Hi, all.
>

> I have been using Mathematica for about 5 years, but definitely I have a lot
> to learn about Mathematica. I have been doing just what I needed to do,
> simple tasks (such as drawing graphs and integration, etc). Recently, I feel
> that I need to improve my Mathematica skills and want to use it as a
> mathematical computer program not as a calculator, but I don't know how to
> do so.
>

> Could anybody give me advice? I would really appreciate it.
>

> Seo Ho

Hi Seo Ho,

the following threads may be of interest for, if you want to go further
with Mathematica, you must learn how to program it.

"which book is good to learn the programming in Mathematica?"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/bddf34df06e69f51/1130acd56d90fe57?q=learning+programming&rnum=1#1130acd56d90fe57

"Mathematica Programming Book Recomendation?"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/97eb5442f424375b/47a6228861919ccc?q=learning+programming&rnum=3#47a6228861919ccc

"mathematica programming"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/502ceb5e5a33bf42/81deaf4877ed042a?q=tutorial+programming&rnum=11#81deaf4877ed042a

HTH,