RE: a list as an option

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg67208] RE: [mg67150] a list as an option
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You would have to pass the entire list in the option, or have a separate
option for each element.

It might be better to write the definition of your function as

and then just feed in the particular values you want when you call it. You
could even make a, b and c optional arguments.

David Park
djmp at

From: Akane Tendo [mailto:akane at]
To: mathgroup at

If I have a function f with options like:
How can I change just one of 'pars' options ('a', 'b' or 'c')?
I tried to change, for example, 'a' to 'd' like this:
But it didn't work.
I also tried to access the option:
And the result is: {}
Does anyone know what am I doing wrong or if it's not possible at all to
have a list as an option?

Thank you!!