Re: Can Mathematica handle this TeX?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67215] Re: Can Mathematica handle this TeX?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:09:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <e6gfah$o05$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com> wrote:

> You can find a zipped TeX form of Einstein's masterpiece on special
> relativity here:
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/

Any similar leads to full online versions of Einstein's 1916-1917 papers
in which he introduced the concept of radiation-induced downward
transitions in atoms?   (The process now commonly referred to as
"stimulated emission", although my understanding is that Einstein did
not actually use that specific term.)

(Given the immense interest in Einstein's life and work, I've been
surprised at how difficult it seems to be to find online copies of his
papers; they seem to be available mostly only in expensive printed
collections.)