a mahtematica newbie about FitResiduals question:

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67264] a mahtematica newbie about FitResiduals question:
  • From: "William" <sunose at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:30:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi:
in mathematica ,I am learn the regression,.I see the help browser and
can't understand the
 calculate.

in the  Statistics`LinearRegression`  example of  mathematica help
browser

this example please see the picture URL:
http://lh3.google.com/william.wang/RI_KTKEfABI/AAAAAAAAAAY/02gUyKu1iMk/se.jpg?imgmax=1024

what mean the SE? Standard Error?

how to calculate the SE? by given Objserved and Prdicted value?

I can get same result with the example SE result.

from Standard Error formula  that Predicted value minus Observed value
then squared
 or by Residual error and Standard Error  relationship formula.

thanks.