a mahtematica newbie about FitResiduals question:
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67264] a mahtematica newbie about FitResiduals question:
- From: "William" <sunose at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:30:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hi: in mathematica ,I am learn the regression,.I see the help browser and can't understand the calculate. in the Statistics`LinearRegression` example of mathematica help browser this example please see the picture URL: http://lh3.google.com/william.wang/RI_KTKEfABI/AAAAAAAAAAY/02gUyKu1iMk/se.jpg?imgmax=1024 what mean the SE? Standard Error? how to calculate the SE? by given Objserved and Prdicted value? I can get same result with the example SE result. from Standard Error formula that Predicted value minus Observed value then squared or by Residual error and Standard Error relationship formula. thanks.