Re: 3D plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67235] Re: 3D plots
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

how do you expect to build a solid form {x_coord,
y_coord, z_min, z_max} ??
You can use the TriangularSurfacePlot[] function
form the DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`
package and draw the surface from the {x,y,zmin}
and {x,y,zmax} values
and compute the convex hull of the {x,y} pairs to
construct the
surfaces that close the top and bottom surface.

Regards
  Jens

"qfwfq" <qfwfq_0 at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e6lhha$ndi$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi!
|
| I would like to build a 3D graphics from a list
of data. Each element
| from the list has 4 components: {x_coord,
y_coord, z_min, z_max}, i.e.,
| something like to vertical lines for each point
in the x-y plane.
| Is there any simple way to graphically draw the
corresponding solid?