vertical or perpendicular offets?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67295] vertical or perpendicular offets?
- From: "dantimatter" <dantimatter at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:27:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Does anyone know what the Regress and NonlinearRegress functions in
Mathematica are minimizing? Is it the sum of the squares of the
perpendicular offsets or the vertical offsets? I would think that it
would be the vertical offsets, but then points that lie along a steep
part of a curve are weighted more heavily than points that lie along a
shallow part of the curve.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: linux front end tutorial
Previous by thread:
Re: new function
Next by thread:
Re: vertical or perpendicular offets?