Re: pictures of mathematics on a non-white background

Hi,

the white border is created by psrender, that is the
PostScript interpreter that comes with Mathematica.

I was never able to found out how the thickness of that
border ist computed and how to avoid it. Finaly I decide
to remove the white boundary from the rendered bitmap itself.

Regards
  Jens

"Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:du1799$lok$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Dear Mathgroup,
|
| If one with exports something like:
StyleForm[TraditionalForm[1+E],
| FontColor->White,Background->Black]
| as a raster format, there is a white border
around the math.

| I thought it might be the output cell background
color, so I changed
| the stylesheet to Natural Color. Exporting the
expression still yields
| white text on a black background with a white
border. How to I change
| it so that the white text appears on a black
background with no border?

| BTW, the output expression looks fine inside the
notebook.

| One way to eliminate the border is to change the
global option:
| formatting options -> font options -> background
to black, but this
| makes (AFAIK) all backgrounds in Mathematica
black. Even if I set the
| global option for text to white, this makes it
very hard to use, say
| the notation package and help browser, among
other things...