Re: running external program on Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64786] Re: running external program on Mac OS X
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:28:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

do the search by your self in Mathematica, prepend the path
and call the program with a full qualifyed path

"Kezhao Zhang" <kezhao.zhang at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:du6noo$5o1$1 at
|I want to run an external program from a
Mathematica notebook on Mac OS
| X. The external program is located under
/usr/local/software/bin. I
| added the directory "/usr/local/software/bin" to
the $PATH in
| /etc/profile (I'm running bash). In a terminal
window, the command
| "env" shows that the directory
"/usr/local/software/bin" is in the
| $PATH. However, in the Mathematica notebook, the
| "Import["!env", "Lines"]" shows that the
"/usr/local/software/bin" is
| not in the $PATH. As a result, the external
program does not run from