Re: running external program on Mac OS X
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64786] Re: running external program on Mac OS X
- From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:28:07 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
do the search by your self in Mathematica, prepend the path
and call the program with a full qualifyed path
"Kezhao Zhang" <kezhao.zhang at gmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:du6noo$5o1$1 at smc.vnet.net...
|I want to run an external program from a
Mathematica notebook on Mac OS
| X. The external program is located under
| added the directory "/usr/local/software/bin" to
the $PATH in
| /etc/profile (I'm running bash). In a terminal
window, the command
| "env" shows that the directory
"/usr/local/software/bin" is in the
| $PATH. However, in the Mathematica notebook, the
| "Import["!env", "Lines"]" shows that the
| not in the $PATH. As a result, the external
program does not run from
| the notebook.
| Is there anyway to make the new $PATH visible to
| Thanks for your help.
Prev by Date:
Re: No mesh with Graphics3D
Next by Date:
Re: Possible Bug in ArcTan ?
Previous by thread:
Re: Unprotecting "I"
Next by thread:
Plot of smooth function results in wildly fluctuating graph?