Re: Mathematica, PDF and Ghostscript

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64831] Re: Mathematica, PDF and Ghostscript
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 03:18:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm using always Adobe Acrobat Distiller for that task, but it may be,
that you have to setup the font names in the file
of you ghostscript implementation.

"Christopher Arthur" <pannoniara at> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:dubgb5$fin$1 at
| Hello,
| I've been trying to print my Mathematica
notebooks as PDF's, but I've been running into a
problem.  I use the Ghostscript PDF device set up
as a redirected printer port.  The results look
just fine on my computer (windows XP), but I sent
the files to a friend with a Mac, and none of my
mathematica fonts/symbols seemed to embed properly
in the PDF.  I have tried playing with the
Ghostscript device options, including the
"embedAllFonts", which seems to make the file
larger (so I know that it is doing something), but
it still doesn't format properly on her computer.
Any suggestions?