Memory operations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64895] Memory operations
  • From: sir_puding at
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:11:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Can anyone tell me how to free memory in Mathematica.

I have some list operations in cycle (really long cycle).
Smth. like

ar=Append[ar,{bla bla bla}];
How can i free memory allocated for ar  when cycle is completed --- i
have terrible memory leakage (several megs in minute), cause when I use Clear or Remove ar does
not point to any address, but the result of previous calculations is
still in memory. I could not find any operation like free() in C.