Import[file,"Table"] ????

Dear All

I have a file consisting of a table of numbers, where the coloms are
seperated by spaces and the rows by newlines.

Lets say I have col colums and row rows in my file.

If I use the commond Import[file,"Table"] I get in mathematica a list of
lenght two. The first entety is a list of length col, the second of lenght
(row-1)*col.

I would like to get a matrix of dimensions [col,row], how can I correct
this.

Thanks in advace,
Maurits Haverkort