DelaunayTriangulation and Quadrangulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64960] DelaunayTriangulation and Quadrangulation
  • From: "Borut Levart" <BoLe79 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:14:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

First I apologize for this post is not completely Mathematica-related,
but I am positive some of you might really help me.

DelaunayTriangulation under Mathematica triangulates a 2d set of
points. The output triangles are nearest to being equilateral.
Instead of triangular elements I would like to work with the
quadrangular. How can I achieve that?

a) Should I partition the triangular mesh, and join the triangles two
by two?
b) Or perhaps an algorithm analogous to Delaunay exists that
"quadrangulates" a given 2d set of points?

Many thanks for any positive direction,
Borut Levart
Slovenia