Re: how can I import my datas in excel to mathematica and then do calculations on them?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65037] Re: how can I import my datas in excel to mathematica and then do calculations on them?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:57:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/11/06 at 5:16 AM, denizekz at yahoo.com (deniz10) wrote:

>i have over 3650 datas in my excel files, they are datas of each day
>past 10 years, i should import this to mathematica to do some
>calculations, i 'll find increment or decrement percentage of each day
>according to the next day, i almost need to have 3649 calculations,
>can't do it without mathematica :) but i can't even import those
>datas? does any of you have any kind of idea,

When asking for help, it is a very good idea to post what you've tried. That makes it much easier to see what the problem is and for those that would offer help to make more focused suggestions.

The current version of Mathematica can read and write Excel files. To import data from an Excel file do

Import[filename, "XLS"]

to write data out to an Excel file do

Export[ilename, data, "XLS"]

For more information use the help browser to read the documentation for Import and Export.