Composition of series
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg65337] Composition of series
- From: Geico Caveman <spam at spam.invalid>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:56:04 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to compose two series with Mathematica :
One is f1(x) = ...
The other is x(y) = ...
ComposeSeries quits complaining that the expansion point of the first series
is different from the constant term of the second series
(ComposeSeries::scmp). What I am really trying to do here is to express f
(x) as a series in Log[x] (x is strictly greater than zero), so the second
series is simply the series expansion of Exp[y].
Mathematically, what is the problem with even attempting this operation ?
Can't I replace x by log(z) in the first series, no matter what ?
Prev by Date:
Re: Quotient group/space notation
Next by Date:
Changing Default Printing Settings?
Previous by thread:
Re: Plot Truncation in RealTime3D
Next by thread:
Re: Composition of series