StringForm bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65353] StringForm bug?
  • From: pdickof at scf.sk.ca
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 04:05:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I create a form...

myForm = " Line `1`\n
Line `2`\n
Line `3`"

Executing the StringForm line below gives me what I expect and want...

StringForm[myForm, 1, 2, 3]

but if I try to create an ordinary String from the StringForm object...

InputForm[ToString[StringForm[myForm, 1, 2, 3]]]

... I get...

" Line 1      2      3\n        Line   Line "

Which is apparently wrong and certainly not what I want. How do I get
this to work?
I am running Mathematica 5.2

Thanks in advance.
Peter Dickof