Re: Do Mathematica applications EVER get updated?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66230] Re: Do Mathematica applications EVER get updated?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 05:01:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Nasser Abbasi wrote:
> "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message
> news:e39ksi$cus$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>> Hi,
>>
>> why not ask the individual developer ??
>
> I have never heard of a customer having to look for and ask individual
> developers inside a company about product updates.

hmm -- my name stand large and bold below MathGL3d
and the *.m packages have usual a
(* Copyright: *)
(* Author: *)
entry with the name of the developer or the company

> For example, if the next MS word version gets delayed, do you pick up the
> phone and dial 1800 Microsoft and ask to please talk to the developer of MS
> word to ask him/her about the status of the application?

The most Mathematica packages 100-200 kByte of (ASCII) code -- how many
developers may have written this ? 100 or 1000 ?? in the most cases
one or two developer have produced the package.

> Do you have the phone number of the developer for the VISTA operating system
> because I need to call him/her to ask when it will be released.
>
> Do you have a list of phone numbers I can call to find who is the developer
> to each one of the listed Mathematica packages?

Take the (* Author : *) entry form the *.m files and ask Google or
ask the Wolfram support for the e-mail ...

Regards
   Jens