Re: Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66342] Re: [mg66304] Mathematica Language Encoding in Linux?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:33:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It's not clear to me whether you understood my earlier point.  Your setting
of LC_ALL breaks things because it has the side effect of implicitly
changing LC_NUMERIC.  By explicitly setting LC_NUMERIC as I've described,
you'll work around the problem while still achieving the (hopefully)
desirable effects of setting LC_ALL.

Incidentally, if setting LC_ALL doesn't achieve the desired effects (you're
running an old enough version that it's not very convenient for me to check
the behavior myself) you may also want to try setting the option Formatting
Options->Font Options->CharacterEncoding at global scope in the option
inspector.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com