Re: Rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66410] Re: [mg66359] Rules
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 02:17:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If the symbol Alist has a value, you will have to hold or block it (or
otherwise prevent evaluation) in order to transform Alist into
something else.

Having a single replacement is the same as having that one replacement
wrapped in List, except for order of operations issues.

If you have a more specific example that you would like more
information about, you could just ask the list or do some
experimenting.

Regards,

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/