Automating PolarPlot with Polar Gridlines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66427] Automating PolarPlot with Polar Gridlines
  • From: "ggroup at sarj.ca" <ggroup at sarj.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 02:03:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a good scheme to produce polar plots with
polar gridlines.  Right now, I can add the gridlines using PolarMap in
the Graphics`Graphics package.  However, these gridlines are not
labelled and choosing the range of the gridlines has to be entered
manually.

I know it is possible, though not quite trivial, to calculate the
PlotRange, polar grid lines and tick marks in my own plotting function,
but I was wondering if there is is a standard package or function that
I can use instead.

Thanks!