Re: Automating PolarPlot with Polar Gridlines

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66428] Re: Automating PolarPlot with Polar Gridlines
  • From: ggroup at sarj.ca
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 02:03:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I meant to paste in an example of a manual polar plot, which has most of what
I want except for the gridline labels:

Needs["Graphics`"];
DisplayTogether[
  PolarPlot[6 Sin[x + Pi/2]^2 - 2x, {x, -Pi/2, Pi/2}, PlotStyle -> {Red}],
  PolarMap[Identity, {0, 7}, {-Pi/2, Pi/2}, PlotStyle -> {GrayLevel[0.5]}],
  PlotRange -> {{0, 6.25}, {-3.50, 2.00}}, AspectRatio -> Automatic]

On Thu, 11 May 2006 13:15:41 -0700, ggroup at sarj.ca wrote