Re: Re: level curve selection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66475] Re: [mg66460] Re: level curve selection
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:48:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Heheh,

Did you try that? (Mathematica colors the background of the second
plot white, so showing them both overwrites the contours of the first
plot with white. It is still an interesting approach. I am sure the
relevant graphics directives could be reaped out of the second plot.
The main difficulty with this approach would be that the contour
shading might be off (ie, some inner rings might be lighter than some
outer rings). I wonder if that could be circumvented by extracting the
PlotRange from the AbsoluteOptions of the first graph and setting that
as an option for the second. I will look at this approach some more.

Thank you Mr. Rowe.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/