  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66484] NestWhile iterator.
  • From: "Robert G. Wilson v" <rgwv at rgwv.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:49:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica group,

	I believe that I saw in these postings within the last several
months a very elegant method for counting the number of times that
the function NestWhile runs.

	Instead of f[n_]:=expression; Length@NestWhile[f, initial, test]
it was a single execution of NestWhile followed by recalling an
internal iterator.

	Would someone please be so kind as to repost that listing?

Thanks in advance, Bob.