Re: what is K$

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66497] Re: what is K$
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 03:29:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

sometimes one need a auxilary variable, that has no meaning because it
is used as integration variable or as summation index.  But Mathematica
can't perform the integration or summation.  When Mathematica needs such
a variable it names it <letter>$<number> and this is what you see.

Regards
  Jens

"na" <na at na.na.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e4bian$155$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Sometimes, when I try to evaluate something I
get a K$ followed by some
| number, what is this K$ ?  I Searched entire
online help and wolfram website
| and I couldn't find anything on this K$.  Here
is an example: