  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66525] find smallest integer such that...
  • From: "Thomas Schmelzer" <thomas.??? at balliol.ox.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 03:39:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Guys,
thanks a lot for all your answers concerning my last question. I am still
learning a great deal about Mathematica. Here's a second puzzle.

Given an expression

 e(k,w) 10^i(-k - w)

find the smallest w such that the term is smaller than a predescribed bound
b. For growing w the term is decreasing and converging towards 0.

Your help is very appreciated.

Best,
Thomas