Beginner Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66561] Beginner Question
  • From: akil <akil39 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 04:47:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Suppose I have three 2D points A, B, C.
And two points, namely A and B form a line.

How can I determine in mathematica on which side, (so which half-plane formed by) of the line, point C is.

So when I input three points I want to know if the third point is on the left or right side of the half plane formed by the line (ray) A,B.

Appreciate any help.