can't pass argument to a Java method that takes a character array

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66589] can't pass argument to a Java method that takes a character array
  • From: karenechu at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 00:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear ppl,

thank you for your help as usual.

I have written a Java class and loaded that class successfully.

But, the constructor for my class takes a character array (char[])  as
an argument, but I haven't been able to find a way to pass a character
array as an argument from Mathematica to Java using JavaNew.  I don't
really want to use string or just pass in integers.

If you know how to do this, would you let me know please?   I am quite
new to Mathematica and would really appreciate this.

THANKS,