Arabic display in Mathematica Mac OSX

I'm running Mathematica 5.2 on the Mac OS Xs at the ITS Faculty
Technology
Center.  I can create a string containing 16-bit Unicode charaters
(in Arabic) like this:
s = "\:0627\:0628\:0629"
But when I tell Mathematica to render the string as part of a graphic,
Show[Graphics[Text[s, {0, 0}]]]
the Arabic characters appear as black rectangles.  Who knows about
this: Mathematica, PostScript, etc.?  Thank you very much.

I explored a little more, and the Font Book lists a Baghdad font, but
it is not listed in the Mathematica Font menu.  When I tried to add a
font to the menu, Baghdad was not in the menu of fonts available.

Howard Fink