What does " 1.' " mean ?

Warning : I am a complete newbie at using Mathematica.

I have used NSolve to solve systems of non linear equations, and it gives
me results which look good except they contain several "1.'abc" where abc
are parameters. (that's "one period apostrophe").
I assume it's shorthand notation for something but I can't tell what, the
Mathematica experts I might ask are all gone for a week and I can't find
it in the book.

Anyone know what it means ?