Re: Publicon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70950] Re: Publicon
  • From: email at email.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 06:48:26 -0500 (EST)

An additional user opinion about Publicon. I bought Publicon when it
went out and used it a lot to write reports which were targeted to
LaTeX. I strongly agree with your "you have to be patient enough to
develop a way of working"... I always managed to obtain what I wanted,
but with patience. Ma patience ran out when I wanted to control from
Publicon where my long equations would be split in LaTeX. Again, I
found a way to do it, but it is annoying since it asks to edit the
LaTeX file after translation. I must say that I am also quite deceived
that it has been so long since the release of  1.0.1. It is a nice
product, priced quite low, but many little things have to be improved
and improvement takes a while to show up.

Personally, a few months ago,  I have switch to using Mathematica for writing
small reports (agree with you that it would be wonderful to have
Publicon capability within Mathematica) and BaKoMa TeX World (which is also
very reasonably priced) for LaTeX stuff.

GL