Trigonometric solve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71030] [mg70995] Trigonometric solve
  • From: "Ovunc" <ovuncmutlu at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 02:52:28 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,
I have a fairly simple question that i was not able to figure out on
mathematica.

I have function KI with two variables gama and teta. Gama varies over a
predefined range for which the values are input.

Then I take the derivative of KI with respect to teta "AA" as gama
varies. So I obtain a list of expressions for AA {...,.....,....} as
gama varies in the range.

Last thing I do is try to solve each element AA with respect to teta. I
thought this would give me a list of teta solutions {.,..}.

But i have an empty set. On the other hand when i define gama as a
single variable not over a range. Solution is found for teta.

How do I input each element of AA into the solver? (i.e. see below for
the simplified code)

gama=Range[ ......]
KI(teta,gama)
AA=Diff(KI,teta)