Re: $PathnameSeparator and DirectoryName

Presumably because DirectoryName is still looking for the Windows path
structure.  I assume that DirectoryName is not directly accessing the
parameter  $PathnameSeparator, but rather is handining things
internally.  Hence it sees your Unix paths as simple strings and
returns the root directory.

best,

David