[Admin] Mailing list duplicates etc

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71178] [Admin] Mailing list duplicates etc
  • From: "Steven M. Christensen" <steve at smc.vnet.net>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 03:41:31 -0500 (EST)

MathGroup members -

In the past day or so, I had a problem with the server I use to send
out email.   This caused some, if not all, of the MathGroup posts to
go out more than once to some readers.   I hope this will not happen
again and I am sorry for the problem.

Also, apparently the Google Groups allows some spam to get into some
newservers.  I never send out spam in any form from my mailing list
server or via the newsgroup.  There is nothing I can do about "spoofing"
that goes into the Google groups, so I am annoyed that some of you are
seeing spam.

I strongly urge posters to not send html mail or mail with attachments.
Such eamil will almost surely go into a spam folder first and I have to
fish it out of such a folder before it can be posted.  Since I get more
than 2,000 emails a day, if you send such mail, you can be pretty sure
it will take longer to go out.

Steve Christensen

Moderator