Assumptions for Trigonometry Inequalities
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg71328] Assumptions for Trigonometry Inequalities
- From: Martin Schoenecker <ms_usenet at gmx.de>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 06:43:25 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
the Sin of a real number between zero and Pi should be positive, as
Simplify finds out, too.
As well, the Sin of a number between -Pi and 0 is negative, but why
doesn't Simplify evaluate it? The Less implies that the variable is
real, I think, however stating it explicitly doesn't change the result.
Are there any hints on that?
Prev by Date:
coercion into series
Next by Date:
Re: replacement rule and sparsearray question
Previous by thread:
Re: Coercion into series
Next by thread:
Re: Assumptions for Trigonometry Inequalities