Re: linux font rotation in graphics & (strange) black graphics borders

This should be sufficient to demonstrate the lack of rotation of the
characters and the black edges on exported graphs under Linux.
(note, this command generates eleven small pictures)

Table[Show[ImportString[ExportString[Graphics[{Text["Chris Chiasson",
{0, 0}, {0, 0}, {0.5, -0.5}]}], "PNG", ImageResolution -> i], "PNG"]],
{i, 80, 90, 1}]

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/