delimiters not spanning!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71462] delimiters not spanning!
  • From: curt.r.fischer at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 02:43:41 -0500 (EST)

I use Mathematica for Students version 5.2 on Windows XP.

Ever since I installed this version, I have the problem that delimiting
characters do not seem extensible!  When I type multiline fractions by
using CTRL + /, for example, any parentheses enclosing my fraction stay
the same size, instead of spanning both lines of my fraction.

How do I turn delimiter extension back on?  I've looked around in the
Option Inspector, and have changed SpanMaxSize to Infinity, but this
hasn't helped.

Thanks!

--
Curt Fischer