Re: delimiters not spanning!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71483] Re: [mg71462] delimiters not spanning!
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:17:17 -0500 (EST)

Well, you covered my first guess, which is the spanning options.  Here's my
second guess...check the value of the OperatorSubstitution option.  The
default value is True.  I have occasionally recommended in this forum that
people set it to False if they're trying to avoid inclusion of the
Mathematica fonts in generated PostScript.

In general, when some undesirable, non-default setting that you don't
understand starts showing up in Mathematica, you can also clear all
Mathematica preferences set globally (which is very likely where bad
settings like this come from) by holding Ctrl+Shift while starting
Mathematica.  Or, if you prefer to be more selective, you can view the
global options as text in the Option Inspector, and remove them one by one
by changing the right-hand sides to Inherited.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group