Re: Send graphics to file AND/OR to notebook with one DisplayFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71534] Re: Send graphics to file AND/OR to notebook with one DisplayFunction
  • From: "zac" <replicatorzed at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 05:22:16 -0500 (EST)

Ok, thanks for the answers,
but immediately after I've posted my question, found the answer:

newDisplayFunction = Which[
      askToFile && askToConsole, Function[x, Display["test.gif", x,
"GIF"];Display["stdout", x]],
      askToFile &&  ! askToConsole, (Display["test.gif", #1, "GIF"] &),
      ! askToFile &&  askToConsole, (Display[$Display, #1] &),
      ! askToFile &&  ! askToConsole, Identity
      ];

Simple and effective. Found it on the newsgroup-archive somewhere.

Have a nice day!
Istvan