Re: Send graphics to file AND/OR to notebook with one DisplayFunction

Ok, thanks for the answers,
but immediately after I've posted my question, found the answer:

newDisplayFunction = Which[
      askToFile && askToConsole, Function[x, Display["test.gif", x,
"GIF"];Display["stdout", x]],
      askToFile &&  ! askToConsole, (Display["test.gif", #1, "GIF"] &),
      ! askToFile &&  askToConsole, (Display[$Display, #1] &),
      ! askToFile &&  ! askToConsole, Identity
      ];

Simple and effective. Found it on the newsgroup-archive somewhere.

Have a nice day!
Istvan