dynamic Blocking and thread safeness (in general)

Some internal routines (for Export) use Block to pass "data" between
functions - actually, I have witnessed the blocking of functions so
that they are taken over by data-appropriate routines.

In general it seems that any code that dynamically blocks a variable
(or function) would be unsafe to run in parallel with other code that
uses the same variable (or function).

As we move forward with multi-core CPUs becoming the norm, does WRI
have a plan for tapping into the multi-threaded power of the new x86
chips from Intel and AMD?

Is the technology in your grid computing software able to help here?

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/